We are a 100% veteran owned company here to provide a top of the line, safe experience for shooters of all levels.
Dave Fowler - Founder
You can't miss fast enough to kill me! Is one of the many lines you might hear from Dave while taking one of his many courses. Not only is he an our primary instructor, but Dave also knows his way around a vast assortment of firearms and can help you find the right one for you and your sport. Here's some key facts about Dave:
- NRA Certified training counselor, certified to teach all NRA courses, as well as train other instructors
Retired police officer with over 38 years of experience, and over 1,000,000 miles in a patrol car
- 8 years as the Undersheriff in Osceola Co.
- Primarily a road deputy but on the marine, motorcycle, and snowmobile divisions
- Undercover detective on the narcotics team
- CSI team
- Sniper and door breacher on SWAT
- Recorded over 1000 felony arrests with a 99% conviction rate
- Weapons Retention Specialist and instructor
Holds NRA Distinguished Expert in many fields in the NRA Marksmanship Qualification Program
- Machine Gun
- Sub-Machine Gun
- Assisted NASA with the Columbia space shuttle disaster and helped lead search and rescue after Hurricane Katrina
- Wrote the Victim Services Manual for the state of Michigan
- Holds 18 federal certifications, as well as being certified as a Fire Fighter and Medical First Responder
- Holds a Black Belt in both Tae Kwon Do and Jin Do Kwon
Sam Butler - Sales Rep and NRA Range Safety Officer
Originally from the Cadillac area, Sam and his family now resides in Reed City. He and his his wife Hannah have their hands full with raising 3 children. When he gets time away, Sam enjoys spending his time in the field hunting as well out fishing. Sam has been increasing his knowledge of firearms and aligning his values to the range mission statement in his time here. We are sure that if you come out to Fowler's Home on the Range, Sam will be glad to help you find the right firearm, and help you with any other questions you may have.